Hello, beautiful! Yesterday was my birthday! It was a fabulous day spent with family & friends. I happened to hit my quarter life crisis. Gasp, you all know how old I am now. You are either shocked or rolling your eyes I am sure. (Lol) 24 was a huge growing year for me. If you have been reading along you know that I got married, purchased our first house, & welcomed a pup to our little family. As I rang in 25 I found myself doing some reflecting on the past year & realized I learned some things. So check them out:
1. Everyday isn't going to be perfect. Having one bad day doesn't mean you have a bad life.
2. If it were easy everyone would be doing it.
3. I found out who my solid friend squad was.
4. Drifting from friends sucks but sometimes people come into your life to teach you things for only a season.
5. Sometimes it is okay to say no to events, things, or people.
6. The power of relaxation. I am the type of person that will run myself to crash & burn. Trying to chill more. (Work in progress)
7. I totally cannot stay up or party like I used to.
8. The body is a weird & complex thing that you actually need to take care of.
9. Stop trying to please everyone. You could be the juiciest peach but not everyone likes peaches.
10. Being an adult is expensive.
11. Work life balance is important to prevent hating everything.
12. Food is fuel.
13. You never know what other people are going thru.
14. To try to stay calm in stressful situations.
15. To not take people's actions or comments personally. They could just be having a bad day.
16. Communication is key to any relationship.
17. Marriage is amazing but also takes work.
18. It is okay to ask for help if you need it.
19. Holding grudges is stupid. If someone did you wrong it is healthy to forgive but you don't have to forget just set boundaries for yourself.
20. Budgets are important.
21. Women supporting women is empowering.
22. Not to have so many expectations to prevent being disappointed. Not everyone thinks like you do.
23. My husband is my best friend, support system, & fan.
24. Learning never stops. We can learn something new in everyday, new experience, people, etc.
I have probably learned more beyond these 24 points but these are the ones that have stuck with me the most.
Kind of a lengthy post but would it really be a Fashology post without talking about fashion?! I looked at Ricky before shooting this & asked, "Do I look like a cupcake? Because that is what I am going for." I found this dress at TJ Maxx online. Honestly I was going to use it for the shoot & return it but I loved it so much that I am keeping it. This dress even has pockets! This little number will be perfect for any wedding that I have coming up. The shoes came from Metrostyle. We typically order size 6 & 10 shoes for catalog photography. 6 is for our still life & 10 for the models but this vendor sent us 9's on accident so in my closet they went. They are a little big because I am more of a 8/8.5 but whatever I make it work. The necklace is Bauble Bar from Target & the clutch was a gift from our resident photographer & my bestie, Lauren.
Okay there is a somewhat quick rundown on this look! I hope you enjoyed this post. Life is a crazy beautiful messy thing but it can be a little easier if we do it together. Thank you so much for reading, I appreciate it & hope that you are always learning from Fashology.
Till next time dolls!
Stay Sassy & God Bless!